Thursday, October 14, 2010

haley's surprise birthday

my due date was september 23, 2010.  during most of the pregnancy, we thought haley was head down, ready for a normal delivery.  this was based on the doctors examinations, not an ultrasound. i did keep feeling something really hard moving up in my ribs, but was told it was her bootie, so i just thought she had a very bony butt.  however, at my very last scheduled appointment, 3 days before my due date, the doctor discovered she was actually heads up, in a breech position.  talk about a shock!!  trey was not with me at the appt, so i had to call him to land on a day to go in for a c-section.  my choices were the next day or 2 days later.  we landed on the next day so that i could get my doctor of choice, and then i went home to figure out what we had to do to get the house ready.  since i could not go up and down stairs except ~2 times a day, we had to buy a pack and play and converted our dining room into a nursery. 

we went in at noon on September 23, for a 1:30 surgery. however, things were a bit behind, and haley was actually born at 2:22 pm, and weighed 8 lbs 6 oz , and was 21 1/2 inches long!  given how my belly looked, we were ALL shocked at her size, and i was so thankful that the doctors discovered she was breech and i didn't try to push her out!  ;-) 

she was healthy when she came out and once they cleaned her up, we got to hold her for a little bit.  then, trey and haley went to a recovery area and she got to bond with daddy for about an hour, while i was being sewn up.  i spent about 2 hours in recovery, because they would not let me leave until i could move my toes.  then we were moved to our private room where we stayed for 3 nights.  all the nurses & staff members in the hospital were great!   

mommy & me!!

our angel

No comments:

Post a Comment